The Catalog for partner exchange 2012 has been released for you to view! I will be there along with the following list of heavy hitters presenting for the week on various topics we hope will interest all of you.
Here is my session I will be presenting based on some past articles and field work on the topic. See you in Vegas!! I may even crash Duncan and David’s session if they let me 🙂
Also, the official Twitter hashtag will be #VMwarePEX
[UPDATED] Session 1262 (Tuesday 2/11 @ 1:30pm): DR of the Cloud and to the Cloud
This session will look at DR and the cloud. Two different DR scenarios will be presented in depth – DR of the cloud and DR to the cloud. DR to the cloud is how end consumers fail over resources to a cloud provider. DR of the cloud is how you fail over cloud resources from one site to another. This session will go in depth on the consumer and provider side of the architecture. We’ll look at how to replicate the data, what applications are primary targets, how to size environments, how to maintain multi-tenancy, and what to avoid when architecting these solutions. This session is a must for anyone considering tier 1 applications for the cloud.
Presenters: Chris Colotti and Duncan Epping (NOTE: The time and day has been updated from the original. The original presenter was Mike DiPetrillo, Duncan and I were asked to take this over for Mike)
Session 1269 (Thursday 2/16 @ 10:15am): Upgrading the vCloud Solution Stack in an End to End Environment
Although there are many individual guides on upgrading the different components on a vCloud deployment, none take into account the overall process. This session is intended to outline the entire process in a four phase approach. This process was developed in house at VMware and already used at other customers successfully. Although the process was developed around moving from 1.0 to 1.5, the process as outlined can be used for other major upgrades that will be coming from VMware.
Presenters: Chris Colotti and David Hill
Some other sessions of interest:
- Kris Boyd – (1348) Challenges With Desktop Virtualization – Real Use Cases From the Field.
- Emad Benjamin – (1187) Virtualizing Latency Sensitive Workloads and vFabric GemFire
- Duncan Epping and David Hill – (1359) Architecting a Cloud Infrastructure
- Thomas Kraus – (1206) vCloud Director 1.5 solution integration
- Cormac Hogan – (1231) vSphere Storage Appliance Deep Dive
- Rob Randell – (1248) Using vShield and vCenter Configuration Manager to Achieve Better Than Physical Security for Business Critical Applications
- Mike DiPetrillo – (1260) Multi-Site Cloud Deployment How-To
- Clive Wenman – (1265) SRM 5.0 & vSphere Replication – Understanding the Use cases and Implementation Options
- Kamau Wanguhu – (1276) vCloud Director Networking and where VXLAN fits in
- Carter Shanklin – (1316) Using Elastic Memory for Java to pool application server memory, improve consolidation ratios, and increase app server reliability.
- Kyle Gleed – (1328) Upgrading to vSphere 5.0
- Grant Suzuki – (1349) VMware vShield App and Data Security Deep Dive
- Ken Werneburg – (1363) SRM 5 Demo – New Features in Action and Q&A
- Tom Stephens – (1374) The Last Mile in HA: Application Availability
- Justin King – (1388) Up and Running with vSphere vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA)
- Alex Fontana – (1466) Design, Deploy and Optimize Exchange 2010 on vSphere