I received the following message from a trusted contact and friend and I am posting it for your awareness and consideration.
Without attracting too much publicity, LinkedIn has updated their privacy conditions. Without any action from your side, LinkedIn is now permitted to use you name and picture in any of their advertisements.
- If you’re not in favor of such a policy below are the steps to not allow Linked in to use your name:
- Place the cursor on your name at the top right corner of the screen. From the small pull down menu that appears, select “settings”
- Then click “Account” on the left/bottom
- In the column next to Account, select the option “Manage Social Advertising”
- Finally uncheck the box “LinkedIn may use my name and photo in social advertising” and Save
Please pass this along if you do not want your name and picture used in their advertisements. Personally, they can pay me to use mine, but they are not getting it for free.